For homegroup, the first week of the month we do "community night" where we just make dinner together and eat and talk or play a game or something else like that (outings to frozen yogurt, art projects, wii games, etc). Tonight we're doing breakfast and I have planned a secret project - we're going to decorate easter eggs!
So last night I came home and:
- made hard boiled eggs (apparently 14 eggs just barely fit in the bottom of my pan. probably should have re-thought that one, as I ended up cracking 4 of them when I drained. oops! hope adam had better luck. they were yummy though!)
- made home-made flavored whipped cream (this is actually fairly simple, done it a few times. buy heavy whipping cream. chill it, the bowl, and whisk. i found the colder the better - last night i stuck them in the freezer for a while and it turned out the best yet! whisk w kitchenaid till it starts to hold shape - add sugar and flavoring [i did one Butternut Vanilla and one Coconut] - whisk on super-high-speed till it's holding peaks, etc)
- made fruit toppings (also a simple Sandra-Lee-style thing I do, buy canned fruit pie filling. Empty them into a container. I cut the pieces up to be smaller & easier for pancakes/waffles. Added powdered ginger to the peaches, and cinnamon & and bit of pumpkin pie spice to the apples.)
- cleaned the kitchen (as in, wiped down all the counters, scrubbed the sink, rearranged stuff so roomie could put all her coffee in a cabinet instead of counter, etc)
- hung a big picture (finally! I've been in this place since November and it took 30 minutes, but I finally hung this huge picture.
This is me showing off that it is PERFECTLY level - just bought a level and have no idea why I haven't gotten one before now! It is fabulous...) - Rewired the tv/stereo stuff (again, another thing I've put off for months and months...now everything is all tucked into the back of the entertainment center. Roomie said this morning, "It looks so good! I didn't think it could look that good!" Yeah...I roll like that, LOL)
- Fell asleep on top of my phone (woke up this morning to ringing UNDER me...couldn't figure it out in my sleep-haze and then rolled over..."Oh THERE you are, silly phone, why aren't you on the bedside table plugged in like normal?"
All in all...a pretty productive night!

Oh, that was so funny how you were woken on top of your phone! I laughed out loud! :D
ReplyDeleteAfter we moved the last time, I bought myself a stud finder and get a little thrill each time I use it. I've had a level on my list of new tools to acquire for a long time, you lucky duck.